It is my great pleasure to announce a brand spankin' new 123D Catch for all iOS devices running iOS7. 123D Catch is available at the AppStore right now here!!
Before I get into the nitty gritty, I have to let you know that 123D Catch has grown up today. You can see the difference in our faithful volunteer/poster child, Aidan, who has also grown up. See his captures above from when we first launched 123D Catch two years ago, and compare it to those from the new version. Check out this quick video peek at what's in store with this monumental upgrade:
Under the hood (aka in the cloud), processing your captures has been completely reworked with you in mind! The new 123D Catch pipeline significantly improves on the old process: stitching all of your capture photos together automatically, and creating detailed 3D images with crisp photo-real textures. Yes, gone are the days of manual stitching!!
That's only on the backend...we've also designed a brand new, slick app exclusively for iOS 7. Some highlights and geek speak:
- Guided capture: dynamic visual feedback while capturing to ensure you are shooting the best possible photographs.
- Engage with and follow other 3D photographers and their projects in the gallery.
- Increased photo limit to 70 photographs so you can ensure complete coverage.
- Advanced 3D previews of captures in the gallery
- Processing higher resolution images means finer details in your capture.
- App will now wait for a wifi connection to upload photographs for a capture, unless you explicitly tap the go ahead to use your data plan.