We've been ramping up our Meshmixer production lately and released a new update with YOU in mind. See, we are gathering all of your feedback and suggestions and adding it into the application. We are especially excited for the new 3D printing workflows that are coming with each release, some examples below.
Many of you requested to have 3D printers that we did not list in the pre-populated list of 3D printers. We heard you and decided to let you add your own 3D printer so you can layout and arrange a print job for your specific machine. Its fairly intuitive to set up if you at least know the build volume of your 3D printer.
Here is a list of what's new in Meshmixer 2.3, released yesterday, April 21st:
- New add/edit custom printer so you can prep your 3D prints for any 3D printer
- New Make Slices tool: Slice an object into a number flat slices. Two techniques: Stacked or Stacked3D
- New drag/drop solid objects in addition to parts. Addition of primitives category
- Added part categories to the Meshmix panel to accommodate growing libraries of parts and solids
- New Separate Shells tool to separate combined but separate geometry into separate objects
- Better naming of newly created objects from duplicate, separate, etc…
- PLY binary format support (which is handy for importing the per-vertex color meshes coming in from depth cameras)
- 3Dconnexion space mouse support
- Lots of bug-fixes and stability improvements
By the way, it is now even easier to give us your feedback and suggestions directly from the application! You can see a new menu item named Feedback that you can use to send feedback (good or bad) directly to the developers. With this, you might possibly define some of the next features in the upcoming releases!
How do you use Meshmixer? What would you like to see next?